Pro Bono StreetLaw Manager
Job Profile Legal - Pro Bono
Contract Type Permanent
We seek an individual to join BPP University’s award-winning pro bono team. The purpose of which is to manage and develop the successful Streetlaw projects. The role is based in BPP’s Leeds campus.
About the Pro Bono Centre:
The BPP Pro Bono Centre facilitates student led pro bono services. Law students work with qualified staff to deliver a range of services including legal advice and legal education. The Centre opened in 2004 and has expanded to accommodate the growing number of law students and locations of BPP University. Its dual goals are to provide free legal advice to the community and to provide law students with the opportunity to enhance their Career Skills by obtaining practical legal experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with the Pro Bono Team to provide an innovative, interesting pro bono Streetlaw service, this will include improving the remote delivery strategy and working towards a combined model of delivery once remote working ceases;
- Acting as a point of contact for pro bono in Leeds including the delivery of introductory talks, Open Door sessions, staff talks and more in conjunction with the Pro Bono Manager for Leeds, as well as working closely with the Streetlaw Supervising Solicitor, The regional Pro Bono Managers, the Heads of Pro Bono and the Pro Bono Administrator.
- To work with the Pro Bono Manager in Leeds to deliver and administer PLE, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating the BPP Leeds' Law Ambassador Programme
- Coordinating the BPP Leeds' Mock Trial project
- Acting as a point of contact between schools and BPP
- To network in the Leeds education and legal communities and not for profit sectors to build up links and relationships to improve opportunity for BPP to expand the Leeds PLE projects.
- Networking with the other regional communities and other legal professions to gain more contacts in prisons, homeless shelters and schools and other community groups.
- Staying current on all project developments and supervise more basic advice and casework from time to time,
Please refer to the job description for full details
Department University Education Services - Careers & Pro Bono
Vacancy location UK, North, Leeds
The person appointed will:
- Have excellent organisational skills;
- Coordinate and develop Streetlaw projects in Leeds and assist with the other regional campuses' delivery;
- Have the ability to inspire and motivate students;
- Have experience of student pro bono projects;
- Have experience of training and/or presenting;
- Have a passion for pro bono services and the benefits to students and clients alike of student led pro bono;
- Have an understanding of technology, social media and have some marketing and business development skills or an aptitude to developing these skills;
- Liaise with academic staff to ensure all presentations are legally accurate;
- Enjoy working with students; and
- Be dedicated to providing an excellent service to clients and a stimulating learning environment for students.
Contract Hours 22.50
Full Job Description
Pro Bono Streetlaw Manager Dec 20.pdf (155 Kb)