Research Fellow, Multi-Omics Studies
The successful candidate will work with Professor Li Fong Yau Sam on Multi-omics studies in cardiovascular disease. The main responsibilities of the position include multi-omic (metabolomic, glyco/glycoproteomic, and metallo/metalloproteomic) characterization of serum/plasma/ platelets to determine how changes in profiles at the different molecular (even elemental) levels are associated with reactivity, acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and antiplatelet therapy response.
Qualifications / Discipline:
PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Development of LC-MS/MS (SRM/MRM) methods for selective identification/quantitation of peptides and metabolites in cardiovascular diseases patient samples.
- Selection of aptamers by SELEX for bioanalysis and biosensing of biomarkers of cardiovascular diseases
- Identification of glycans, glycopeptides and glycosylation sites by using protein purification and mass spectrometry.
- Bioanalytical assays based on liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for serum/plasma/platelet analysis and biomarkers discovery
- Molecular biology and biochemistry skills: SDS-PAGE, Western-blotting, PCR, molecular cloning, bacterial protein expression, protein purification (gel filtration, HPLC, ion-exchange, affinity chromatography), and SELEX (aptamer development)