IT Software Developer
The position will be reporting to the Manager of the Financials System Support group within Enterprise Technology (ET) in University IT (UIT). This position requires a good combination of functional and technical knowledge of the Oracle Financials R12 E-business suite. A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record of delivering quality solutions providing with the highest value to the University and solid technical expertise of several of the Oracle based technology. The candidate should have experience in performing production support activities including, and not limited to, maintaining system configurations, running batch cycles, data cleanup, testing, filing/resolving service requests, and estimating enhancements.
The Financials System Support team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of various Oracle E-Business Suite applications (Purchasing, Payables, Receivables, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, iExpense, iProcurement), as well as other third party/custom applications and applications developed internally at Stanford. Some of the development toolkit we used are Oracle Application Express (APEX) and Oracle Applications Framework (OAF). The team also supports custom applications integration with other Oracle Financials Systems and Enterprise Data Warehousing.
The team also supports various Cloud “Software as a Service” (SAAS) solutions that integrates with Oracle E-business suite. The team supports Amazon for Business, Egencia, ZeroChaos and Oracle Financial and Procurement Cloud Services. The team also support Oracle’s ERP Cloud implementation.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system tradeoffs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into the computing environment.
- Follow team software development methodology. This includes but not limited to Change Control, Code Review and Change Management
- Mentor lower level software developers.
- Create programs to meet reporting and analysis needs.
- Perform support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Partner with business management to define the appropriate technical solutions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and relational databases
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Experience with Java Development on Oracle Applications Framework for 3 years is a must
- Experience on Oracle Application Express is a plus
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite or Fusion Cloud Application, such as HR, Inventory, OE, GL, AP, AR or PO on is a plus.
- Experience with structured programming related to SQL is a must (like Oracle PL/SQL)
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Relocation and sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4822
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 86355