Research Fellow, Materials Science And Engineering
A full-time Research Fellow position (Postdoctoral Fellowship) is immediately available in the laboratory of Assistant Professor HE Qian at Materials Science and Engineering, National University of Singapore.
The project will be focusing on developing electron-dose efficient imaging and spectroscopy methods to understand catalytic nanomaterials, especially under realistic reaction conditions.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Dr HE Qian at email@example.com to discuss research experience and interests.
Major duties/responsibilities include:
- Develop and apply dose-efficient electron microscopy imaging and spectroscopy for catalytic nanomaterials, especially alloyed nanoparticles.
- Develop and apply in situ electron microscopy methods for studying catalytic nanomaterials under realistic reaction conditions.
- Collaborate with colleagues both inside/outside the group.
- Assist in daily lab management duties.
- Present and report researchresults and publish scientific results in peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health and quality program requirements from all levels (e.g. university, faculty of engineering and the department of MSE).
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Possess a PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field defended within the last 3 years.
- Extensive experience in imaging and spectroscopy (e.g. EELS and X-EDS) using aberration-corrected scanning transmission electron microscopy.
- Extensive experience in Electron Microscopy characterisation of nanomaterials.
- Experience in quantitative STEM imaging and spectroscopy.
- Experience in in situ electron microscopy, especially using gas cell holders.
- Good knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- An excellent record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experiences in lab management and supervising junior group members.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and adapt to changing needs.
- Ability to work with a measure of autonomy and a willingness to participate creatively in a collaborative team environment.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
- Interested applicants are welcome to contact Dr HE Qian at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a research proposal.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Materials Science And Engineering