Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to enhance the quality of research in the fields of artificial intelligence (AI) in ultraprecision manufacturing. He/she should possess a strong interest in the following mentioned research areas: -
- Ultra-precision machining and measurement (UPMM).
- Application of machine learning/deep learning in advanced manufacturing.
- Post-processing of additively manufactured components.
The job scope includes: -
- 3D scene reconstruction and video super-resolution based on machine learning and deep learning methods.
- Material characterisation, machining process modelling, and developing bespoke software systems.
- PhD in mechatronics, mechanical engineering, or a relevant area.
- Preferably with 2+ years of involvement in research and project work within institutes or institution of higher learning after PhD graduation.
- Candidates who have prior experience in machine learning projects are preferred.
- Programming skills with Python, C#, C++, etc.
- Good publication record in manufacturing/mechanical engineering journals.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview based on their research background, publication and academic record.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering