Research Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
The purpose of this job is to implement intelligent building-to-grid and building-to-building power converter interfaces, so as to realize physical layer of trans active energy framework for future buildings. The candidate would be working on state-of-the-art cyber-physical nanogrid platform containing programmable emulators or sources, loads and batteries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bidirectional converter implementation and interfacing.
- PCB design and hardware circuit debugging.
- Nanogrid real-time operation and simulation.
- Conduct hardware experiments on the nanogrid.
- Possess a recognised PhD degree in area of electrical and electronics engineering.
- Strong background on grid-connected power converters.
- Relevant publications and experience in the design of microgrids/nanogrids.
- 2+ years of experience in PCB design and exposure to software such as Altium etc.
- Experienced in using MATLAB/Simulink, dSPACE MicroLabBox, PLECS Hardware-in-loop solutions.
- Familiar with Modbus, SCPI protocols for programmable instruments. Personal qualities and Work Requirements
- Good communication, problem solving, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to work for tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Electrical And Computer Engineering