Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
The successful candidate will be working with the project of development of rapid detection of microorganisms using mobile platform in environment. He/she will have the opportunity to develop encapsulation techniques using hydrogels in environment. The candidate contributes research skills, domain knowledge and expertise as well as be involved in the publication of papers. The candidate will also benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking through participation in conferences and other meetings. The term of appointment shall be for 1 year, with the possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance. The remuneration and benefits are internationally competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should have: -
- A doctoral degree in environmental engineering, or a related discipline (e.g., material science), with 10-year research experiences.
- Extensive experience of material characterizations and applied polymer in environmental engineering.
- Research experiences in aquaculture industries (e.g., biofouling, water qualities management and analysis).
- Extensive experience of operation of following instruments: -
- Synthesis of polymer for environmental monitoring and sewage application.
- NMR, FTIR, EA, and thermal properties (TGA, DSC).
- Wastewater analysis (FIA, ICP-OES, VFAs, and other analytical tools).
- Mechanical characterization (e.g., DSC, DMA, TEM, SEM).
- Composite fabrication methods (spin coating).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Experience in producing reports and peer-reviewed publications.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering