Research Fellow, Electrical And Computer Engineering
This job aims to address some critical issues about advanced control by thermally regulated metasurfaces and meta-devices:
- The theoretical models of continuously engineering emissivity for thermal radiation are expected to develop, and appropriate metasurfaces and meta-devices with tunable emissivity/conductivity in-situ should be demonstrated numerically and experimentally.
- A new mechanism of simultaneously and independently manipulating all types of thermal energy distributions is required by integrating the three modes of heat transfer, including conduction, convection, and radiation. The hybrid system constructed by metasurfaces with tunable emissivity for regulating infrared radiation and intelligent meta-devices for coupling systematic and ambient conduction and convection is expected via simulations and experiments.
- The topological nature behind infrared radiation is to be investigated for designing new types of infrared metasurfaces via topological transitions.Besides, the researches on the unusual non-Hermitian physics induced by thermodynamic processes are demanded, and related theoretical models should be proposed. Considering the above research targets, the candidate should possess in-depth physics insights and knowledge for the physics of heat transfer (including conduction, convection, and radiation), topological transitions, non-Hermitian physics, experimental designs for multiple physical fields, and the proposal of underlying mechanism for non-Hermitian physics induced by the three modes of heat transfer.
- PhD Degree in thermal science or relevant area with a strong background in thermal metamaterials and transformation optics.
- Experience of working in the field of thermotics, metasurface, non-Hermitian topology, and modeling manipulative meta-devices for multiphysics.
- Mathematics specific knowledge required in advanced thermotics, Navier-Stokes equation, band theory, gauge theory, and group theory.
- Preferably 5 years of full-time research experience in thermal metamaterials
- Candidate should have strong publication records in reputed International Journals and Conferences in the field of thermal metamaterials.
- Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering