Research Fellow, Chemistry
The successful candidate will work with Asst/Prof Li Hao on deciphering how microbial enzymes and their associated molecules structure the human environments under a project on Functional and mechanism-based profiling of human microbiota in health and disease. The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Design and perform experiments to investigate the roles of microbial enzymes in human health and disease. The candidate will be expected to execute projects independently.
- Scientific writing.
- Supervising students.
- Presenting research to academic audience and the public.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related Life Science fields.
The following skills are highly preferred:
- Chemical synthesis and characterization of small molecules such as enzymes probes.
- Microbiology culture.
- Molecular Biology techniques related to DNA and RNA identification.
- Biochemical enzyme assays.
- Recombinant protein expression.
We are open to new PhD graduates with no prior post-doctoral experience.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry