Research Fellow, Materials Science And Engineering
- Design and conduct synthesis /formulation polymer nanocomposites with high thermal stability, flame retardant property.
- Nano-particle synthesis and surface functionalization of nano-particles.
- Tailoring surface chemistry of nanoparticles and polymer matrix modification for better compatibility.
- Structure characterization and property analysis of polymer nanocomposites synthesised.
- Exploit application of the polymer nanocomposite synthesized.
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry and polymeric materials, preferable with postdoc experience.
- Expertise in polymer synthesis and characterization, and polymer formulation.
- Expertise in polymer nanocomposite design and preparations.
- Good command of polymer /organic-inorganic hybrid synthesis skill, good command in characterization methods, such as X-ray scattering, light scattering, TEM/SEM/OM, NMR, FT-IR, and thermal mechanical test.
- Good track record in conducting polymer research.
- Open to fixed term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Materials Science And Engineering