Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
We are seeking a self-motivated research fellow with a solid background of modelling and simulation for material deformation and removal processes.
The candidate will have a good first degree and a PhD in engineering mechanics, mechanical engineering or a related discipline and also meet the essential requirements: -
- Knowledge of solid mechanics, materials characterisation, and multiscale modelling and simulation.
- Experience in molecular dynamics simulation and/or crystal plasticity finite element method with ABAQUS and UMAT.
- Experience in the experimental and theoretical investigation of material behaviours and characterisation.
The following will be advantageous: -
- Experience in the polishing/machining process development and tool design and implementation.
- Experience in precision machining and polishing processes.
- A good track record of publications.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering