Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Shapiro Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology develops molecular and cellular technologies to enable non-invasive imaging and control of biological processes. We are looking for a Research Technician to join our team and help us accomplish this research mission. He or she will report directly to Professor Shapiro and will assist with experiments involving molecular and cellular engineering and ultrasound. This person will be an integral member of the research team, alongside postdoctoral fellows and graduate students, and is expected to contribute to, and be a co-author on, scientific publications. Additional information about the Shapiro group can be found at http://shapirolab.caltech.edu.
80%: Assisting with one or more primary research projects, involving techniques such as:
- Protein expression, purification and functionalization
- Bacterial and mammalian cell culture
- Molecular cloning
- Fluorescence, electron and ultrasound imaging
- Biochemical assays
20%: Assisting with research-related laboratory activities, such as:
- Organizing the maintenance and scheduling of major laboratory equipment
- Organizing the laboratory's biological reagents
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology, bioengineering or related field
- Laboratory research experience with molecular biology and biochemistry