Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Research Scientist is expected to lead research on the phylogenetic analysis of SARS-CoV-2 RNA identifying new mutations and their variations over space and time. The Research Scientist will advise and mentor graduate students, lead the data analysis effort, as well as coordinate the interaction with external contacts. Leads a team that includes two graduate students. Solid knowledge and proven accomplishments in information theory, statistics, data science and bioinformation required. PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- Manage research projects in data science with applications in biology and medicine
- Coordinate research with internal and external research group
- Provide guidance to graduate students
- Develop and lead new research projects
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- At least 4 years of research experience.
- Solid knowledge and proven accomplishments in information theory, statistics, data science and bioinformation.
- Solid publication record in information theory or related areas.