Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The necessary skills include PCR, handling mice, and behavioral analysis. The candidate will assist in developing database curator tools for maintaining and retrieving scientific data. Candidate will be required to do lab manager duties that require own judgement as well as being able to mentor lab members.
- Writing and amending all protocols
- Providing lab guidance to new students/postdocs
- Maintaining lab equipment
- Managing mouse colony
- Genotyping and troubleshooting
- Performs advanced modifications and testing of scientific protocols, computer software, tools or equipment used for scientific research
- Lab manager duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct moderately complex lab procedures and/or experiments which include setting up equipment, preparing samples, specimens, solutions, reagents, cultures, animal surgeries etc., carrying out and/or modifying experimental procedures
- Recording observations, performing data analysis and reporting results to researchers
- Lab experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field or equivalent combination of education
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff
- At least 2 years of lab experience with small animals strongly preferred.
- Experience with behavioral neuroscience a plus