The successful applicant is required to perform hands-on experiment for the few of the following tasks:
- Fabrication of MEMS/NEMS switches and self-powered sensors such as accelerometers, vibration, shocks, acoustic, air flow, temperature, etc
- Fabrication of PZT and/or AlN based piezoelectric MEMS and sensors
- Fabrication of MEMS/NEMS based energy harvesters
- Fabrication of wafer level packaging technology such as wafer bonding, chip bonding, thin film encapsulation
- Fabrication of TSV
- Design and perform simulation of MEMS and NEMS devices and structures using COMSOL, ANSYS and other well-known software
- Integration of the above-mentioned sensors and devices into a self-powered sensor nodes
- Testing of the above sensors for event-based IoT and environment monitoring related applications
- Write 2 or more journal papers based on derived data from the above devices in a year for RF and write one or more journal papers for RA
- Write monthly progressreport
- This work is joint-research with Cornell University. Working in an international multi-tasking team is expected.
- Write new research grant proposals according guidance from Principal Investigator (PI)
- Possess a PhD / MSc / MEng / Bachelor in Engineering with years of experience from recognised institutions.
- Have learned MEMS or Sensors related courses for one semester at post-graduate level and obtained excellent scoring (for Research Fellow - RF position).
- Position will commensurate with experience. For RF position, incumbent is expected to have at least 3 years of relevant experience in making and testing MEMS/NEMS
- Strong background in hands-on microfabrication techniques and with journal publications (e.g. Nature Comm, JMEMS and Nano Lett, etc) showing such evidences
- Possess relevant experience in performing intensive research. Applicants must have 3 year or more in relevant research or industry experience in making and testing MEMS/NEMS
- Strong knowledge in L-Edit; COMSOL; ANSYS
- Excellent written and spoken communications.
- Applicant applying for RF position must have more than four 1st Authored international peer-reviewed journal papers
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering