Professor / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Pedagogics and Andragogics
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Member: University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Position: University teacher of Pedagogics and Andragogics (M/F)
Type of contract: permanent
Job starting date: March 1st, 2021
Conditions for the position:
- required education/level and field: doctoral degree (PhD) in the relevant field;
- academic title of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the field of the Pedagogics and Andragogics or an academic title of another institution, under the condition that this title can be recognized in the process of recognizing at the University of Ljubljana; or the title of guest professor at the University of Ljubljana; or the fulfilment of the conditions for obtaining the “habilitation” of university teacher (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor in the field of the Sinology). In this case, together with the application, it is necessary to submit proofs of compliance with the quantitative and qualitative criteria for the election to the academic title or for recognition of the title in accordance with the criteria. The candidate must also enclose a statement that he/she agrees that in the event of a positive decision of the selection board, his/her application is also considered as an application for his/her election to the title or for recognition of the title. The title must be obtained before the signing of the employment contract;
- active knowledge of Slovene and English;
- preference is given to candidates with pedagogical and scientific research experience in the field of Andragogics (especially in the field of work transitions, transnational learning mobility) and with research experience in the field of migration, globalization and sociology of adult education who are capable of independent scientific research; and managing and participating in research projects.
- rhetorical skills, innovativeness, ability to organize one’s own work;
- ability to lead groups and active work with students.
- forming and updating the syllabi and adjusting university and higher education programmes according to the requirements;
- organizing and co-organizing all activities for the realization of the course in accordance with the syllabi and expert findings; coordination of work and supervising other teachers (assistants, technical and other co-workers) of the same course;
- teaching, i.e. lecturing, managing seminars and other pedagogical activities of the course at undergraduate and post-graduate levels;
- managing, evaluating and correcting exams and tests;
- participation in other activities related to pedagogical work in the field of profession (nostricifation);
- scientific-research, study and development of concepts, theories and methods;
- scientific research, study and development of concepts, theories and methods;
- takes care of the safe and healthy work of the staff and students of the unit, the appropriate education and training of persons coming into contact with dangerous substances, the use of personal protective equipment and other safety measures;
- performing other tasks that are substantively part of the broader professional field of the job.
Application deadline: February 22th, 2021
Attachments to be enclosed:
- CV with a description of previous work experience;
- Education and academic title;
- References from the relevant fields;
- Functional skills.
The candidate sends the application to the e-mail: email@example.com
The University of Ljubljana promotes gender equality in employment and work.
Mr. Jure Prevoršek, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Telephone number: 00386 (0)1 241 1031