Job no: 591931
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Economics / Business, Teaching and Research
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As an internationally recognized Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalized world.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role and responsibilities
As a Lecturer you will be expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, across disciplines related to your field of expertise. Specifically, you will be responsible for conducting teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs whilst advancing your scholarly, research and professional capabilities. You will actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
Key selection criteria
- PhD in Finance, Computer Science (Software Engineering) or related Doctoral qualification. Candidates with background in both Finance and Computer Science are preferred
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs with the specialist fields of applied and financial technologies, crypto finance, big data, blockchain and program blockchain through publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Previous teaching experience in applied and financial technologies, crypto finance, big data, blockchain and program blockchain, programming.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery and, the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Strong performance record regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance upon commencement of role (with support to relocate overseas candidate (and family) from home location to Vietnam under current global COVID19 restrictions) + private medical insurance
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
- Ongoing professional development program and support.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of wellbeing and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Position to commence Semester 1, March 2020
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 24 Jan 2021
Advertised: 25 Nov 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Jan 2021 SE Asia Standard Time