Lecturer, Digital Marketing
Lecturer, Digital Marketing
Job no: 592678
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Teaching and Research
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role and responsibilities
As a Lecturer you will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the school, in disciplines related to your field of expertise. Specifically, you will be responsible for carrying out teaching activities across undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and maintain and advance scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. You will be expected to actively promote the programs by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. You will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the school’s research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs. Your role will be significant in the area of research leadership; embedding your research expertise into the life of the school and in developing high-quality, productivity-driven networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external partners. You may also have the opportunity to manage programs.
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
- Expertise in fields related to digital marketing; social media and mobile marketing, digital content creation, marketing intelligence and digital analytics
- Ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Established track record and recognition for quality research outputs with record of publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
- Ability to work with external partners, industries, organisations and communities and can operate effectively to address complex issues or seek opportunities
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track records in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid Xmas closure breakdown (in addition to standard VN public holidays) plus additional 4 days, plus 10 days paid sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- On-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international RMIT online library and resources
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information documents below.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent), no each band score less than 6.5.
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 25 Jan 2021.
Advertised: 28 Dec 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Jan 2021 SE Asia Standard Time