Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Kabul, Afghanistan
Deadline: 15 January 2021
School of Professional and Continuing Education Afghanistan (SPCE-A) is an integral part of the University of Central Asia (UCA) and complies with UCA policies and procedures. Being part of the University, SPCE’s key focus is on quality assurance. In Afghanistan, SPCE-A operates as an autonomous unit under the license of Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF-A). It is the torchbearer of the University’s engagement with the broader society, meeting immediate needs to improve livelihoods, employment, and educational mobility by engaging a wide-ranging spectrum of learners in quality trainings and education.
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Kabul Programme Coordinator will be subordinate to the Head of the SPCE-A. He/she will work closely with all UCA’s SPCE staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leadership and control over the organization of educational and methodical work on programs of professional and continuing education and outreach activities at SPCE-A Programme.
- Leading the implementation and improvement of the quality assurance system of the educational process.
- Coordination and control of teachers. Monitoring the implementation of the schedule of the educational process.
- Approval of class schedules and examinations for all SPCE-A programs.
- Coordinates the activities of all educational areas on licensing, certification and accreditation of educational courses and programs in the relevant state bodies.
- Controls the optimal distribution of academic load among the staff.
- Ensures compliance with legal regulations and financial policies and procedures of AKF-A and UCA.
- Ensures the timely preparation of the established reporting documentation for academic work and final documents for approval by the SPCE’s Programme Management office.
- Assist in development and/or improvement of routines, tools or systems for monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning, as feasible and required
Within the limits of his competence, solves the following issues:
- Optimal use of classrooms, distribution and utility of SPCE programme premises;
- Preparation of contracts for the educational process;
- Recommending changes in contracts with teachers and staff;
- Encouraging faculty, staff and students;
- Cooperates with AKES, A and AKF, A relevant units on Educational issues.
- Approves and is responsible for part of the remuneration of part-time instructors, for the quality of teaching and is responsible for the MAA evaluation.
- Control over the work of the library on the formation of funds of literature to ensure the educational process;
- Administration of financial issues with Head of SPCE-A, SPCE-A Finance and AKF-A Finance Department.
- Organization and administration of issues related to premises, logistics, communications, equipment, procurement with the relevant departments of AKF, A and UCA.
- Work with partner organizations of UCA.
- To travel to the regions and to foreign countries in order to fulfill official duties as necessary;
- Creating a healthy and friendly faculty, able to proactively solve emerging problems.
- Coordinate timely implementation of all project’s aspects with particular emphasis, specific activities described in the project document;
- Ensure adherence to administrative, project management and financial rules and regulations;
- Coordinate project procurement and logistics activities with AKF, A and UCA admin team as and where needed.
- Prepares reports for projects and jointly-implemented activities.
- Promote scholarship programme and provide support during awareness campaign, application and admission processes.
- Prepare the required documentations of the selected applicants for travel and study at UCA’s SPCE, provide orientations and follow up on progress of the students on scholarships.
- Support information and dissemination activities and advocate for the project among the key stakeholders; provide marketing tools according with marking and branding policy of UCA and donor.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as and when assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate degree, preferably in Education or Business Administration
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in academic setting and/or in project/programme management
- Excellent knowledge and Report Writing Skills in English, and Dari languages, Russian would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced user of Computer applications and Internet
Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan and University of Central Asia are equal opportunities employers. Women are encouraged to apply.
Aga Khan Foundation,Afghanistan and University of Central Asia recruitment and selection procedures reflect commitment to safeguarding of children from abuse.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by January 15th, 2021. As your application email subject, please write: “Kabul LC Coordinator”. Please make sure that your email application together with attachments does not exceed 3 MB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.