Administrative Office Coordinator
Department University Services, VP for
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
University Services focuses on providing high quality, integrated services to the University community. The departments of Campus Dining, Campus Support Services (Instructional Support Services, Performing Arts Services, Venue Services), Conference and Event Services and University Scheduling, Housing and Real Estate Services, Print and Mail Services, Transportation and Parking Services, The Service Point (integrated customer service center), and University Services Administration (which includes Finance, Communications, and Information Technology) are housed within University Services.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant & Office Manager, the Administrative Office Coordinator will be the main point of contact, inclusive of in-person reception and office telephone coverage for the Vice President’s suite. The Office Coordinator will support multiple senior executives within the Office of the Vice President. The successful candidate will need be flexible in the support structure of the suite, which may change from time to time. In addition, the Administrative Office Coordinator will provide back-up support to the Executive Assistant & Office Manager on an as-needed basis.
The Administrative Office Coordinator has a broad set of responsibilities; focused on assisting senior executives as well as helping coordinate the day-to-day functions of an executive administrative office. The Office Coordinator works on scheduling and various projects delegated from the Executive Assistant as well as from the senior team within the suite. It is crucial that the Office Coordinator work proactively, anticipate needs, and gather information for the executives, as well as providing consistent office coverage for the Vice President’s suite.
The Administrative Office Coordinator will be responsible for managing multiple executive-level calendars, determining priorities, and scheduling appointments and activities. This position may also be asked to schedule meetings for the direct reports of those within VP office suite. The Office Coordinator prepares for engagements and meetings by researching issues and preparing background information, notes, etc. It is important that the Office Coordinator is able to adeptly prioritize multiple projects and has a deep understanding of the units within University Services. The position also serves as a primary resource to other University and external offices. The Office Coordinator represents the office and interacts on a daily basis with a multitude of individuals within and external to the campus community. Such communication requires thorough knowledge of all details relating to the many programs managed by University Services, as well as discretion and professionalism in relaying information.
The Administrative Office Coordinator will assist in the coordination of the search and selection processes for University Services staff positions. Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant & Office Manager, the Administrative Office Coordinator functions as the department’s liaison with Human Resources for recruitment purposes. Due to the nature of the work done in collaboration with Human Resources, the ability to process and maintain confidential information is essential.
A full job description will be furnished prior to interview.
As a support position for multiple senior-level staff within the Vice President’s suite, the Administrative Office Coordinator will perform a variety of tasks, including:
- As first point of contact for the Office of the Vice President, provides a welcoming and professional entrance to the office suite
- Drafts letters, memos, documents, and emails; designs and maintain documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Organizes and maintains Outlook calendars
- Serves as liaison and occasional scheduling support to the direct reports of multiple senior executives, as well as others within, and external to, University Services
- Provides shared telephone coverage, coordinating with the Executive Assistant & Office Manager, for staff within the VP suite
- Responds quickly to issues of customer satisfaction, and uses the appropriate degree of authority and responsibility to resolve issues at the first level of interface
- Maintains files and departmental records, as well as up-to-date documentation on job descriptions
- Occasionally accompanies the office suite colleagues to departmental staff meetings when needed, inclusive of potentially taking meeting minutes
- Provides support for special projects as needed, inclusive of planning and executing departmental-wide initiatives and events, as well as potentially developing agendas for team meetings and staff gatherings
- Coordinates travel arrangements and handles monthly expense reports for multiple colleagues
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant & Office Manager, serves as the liaison with Human Resources for all University Services departments predominantly to manage the internal processes used for recruitment
- Assists the Executive Assistant & Office Manager with the hiring of staff for University Services by maintaining consistent job descriptions and search plan documentation, and in concert with HR, posting open positions
- Works with department hiring managers and the Human Resources staffing specialist to review and edit job descriptions, prepare job requisitions, and when needed, help the hiring manager contact candidates and arrange interview schedules
- The Office Coordinator maintains and updates the University Services job description repository and maintains job search files
Provides back-up administrative support to the Executive Assistant & Office Manager
- In addition to general meeting scheduling, the Office Coordinator may be asked to assist with additional scheduling and other tasks on behalf of the EA
- Support to the EA with electronic files and letters, such as organizational charts and employee letters, etc.
Coordination of catered functions
- Place food and beverage orders for small and large meetings from our internal Catering department – from no-frills to full service
- Check set-up on catered meetings and assist with clean-up
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Attend staff meetings as requested
- Coordinate unit-wide department efforts
- Maintain office equipment, occasionally troubleshooting minor issues, in the VP suite, and monitor/order supplies.
- Coordinate office moves when requested
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5-7 years progressive high-level administrative experience
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- As the first point of contact for the Office of the Vice President, ability to provide consistent coverage during normal business hours (8:45 am – 5:00 pm)
- Ability to maintain confidential information is essential
- Ability to initiate work and act independently, anticipate needs, be proactive, and evaluate data and situations at a sophisticated level
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, and data gathering skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and support senior staff with varying workstyles
- Demonstrated success in handling varied, multiple, and competing priorities in a high-volume office
- Accuracy and ability to focus attention to detail on multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Princeton Prime, Concur, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, Visio for organizational charts; as well as excellent computer skills particularly in word processing such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficient in the ability to learn new IT systems
- Ability to function effectively in a team-based environment
- Capacity to communicate effectively within a strong customer service framework to all levels of the University
- High concentration on the ability to be customer-focused, welcoming, and professional with all communications with all individuals, inclusive of in-person, virtual, phone, and email interactions
- Available to assist with major University-wide events outside of normal business hours, including but not limited to, Student Move-In and Move-Out (often scheduled on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends) as well as Reunions and Commencement activities
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in higher education preferred; familiarity with Princeton preferred
- Experience in a customer service focused environment
- Knowledge of iCIMS staff hiring system, or another online staffing platform
- Familiarity in Tableau and/or other data analytics software
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW