Senior Manager, Business Applications, Package Adoption and Configuration
Department Software and Application Svs
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Senior Manager for Package Adoption and Configuration leads a team of developers and analysts responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and support of vended applications and solutions used at Princeton University. The Senior Manager is also responsible for customer relationship management, vendor relationship management, user group/community engagement, and building and maintaining strong partnerships across the institution. In addition, the senior manager ensures alignment of the team’s work with OIT change management, IT governance, and information security standards and procedures.
- Oversee the installation, configuration and deployment of vendor applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Provide technical leadership as well as perform hands-on technical tasks.
- Ensure new software integrations meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Oversee the daily activities of project teams and ensure the successful delivery of project commitments.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer IT operations, data stewardship responsibilities, and processes for all departments supported by PAC.
- Participate in projects related to the assessment, implementation, integration, and upgrade/maintenance of third party solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements. Stay abreast of technology developments, as well as trends in higher education
- Lead and manage the daily operations of a team of highly competent professionals with varying responsibilities.
- Serve as a mentor and promote team and individual professional development through knowledge sharing and training.
- Perform other management duties, such as staff performance management and hiring.
- Develop and deliver customer training and support documentation.
- Coordinate and actively participate in user group meetings, clinics, and other customer outreach activities.
- Ensure that the work of PAC aligns with initiatives from the University’s IT governance process, service management framework, and information security guidelines.
- Understand and align with the guiding principles and organization of OIT, as well as maintain a broad understanding of the University’s mission and organization.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in the day-to-day management of information systems in a complex organizational setting.
- Broad technical knowledge and expertise in vendor application architecture and the development tool set used in OIT to securely extend package functionality in the University environment.
- Ability to lead a team of highly competent professionals with varying backgrounds and responsibilities. Must be a strong mentor and developer of people.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, migrating, and/or supporting on-premise, cloud-hosted, and SaaS solutions.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex initiatives and projects serving various customers with available resources.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and a track record of developing innovative solutions.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with a strong ability to work with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to conceive and create high-quality, meaningful, and timely reports and presentations appropriate to various audiences in support of planning and decision making.
- Experience collaborating with functional business partners on key project decisions to achieve mutually-acceptable solutions to project issues.
- Commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Experience working in higher education and with faculty, staff, and students.
- Proven track record integrating third-party software in an IT enterprise.
- Active participant in vendor users associations.
- Experience working with one of more of the following cloud solutions: Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Oracle OCI. Certification in one or more is highly desirable.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW