Senior Research Officer
- Fixed term to December 2022
- Part time position (0.6)
- Based at the Melbourne campus in the Health Brain and Mind Research Centre
- Key role within a high-quality research team at ACU
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Healthy Brain and Mind Research Centre aims to advance knowledge critical to improving mental health, performance and well-being. Mental health and developmental disorders have significant negative impacts upon the mortality and social participation of the most vulnerable members of the community and are among the most urgent global challenges of the 21st century.
The Senior Technical Officer will join a high-quality research team, providing expertise in project co-ordination and management for newly funded projects within the Neuroscience of Addiction and Mental Health Program, within the ACU Healthy Brain and Mind Research Centre.
More specifically the role entails:
- Preparing reports and documentation, providing data analysis and literature reviews for the aforementioned studies and Program grants
- Supporting the achievement of research outcomes of the Program’s newly-funded studies according to established timeframes and protocols, through various high level research and administrative tasks
- Managing participant recruitment targets and data collection on research projects.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a Bachelor Honours degree with at least four years subsequent work experience or equivalent
- Outstanding organisational (prioritise, time manage) and project management skills, using high quality standards and to achieve agreed outcomes against demanding deadlines
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- Excellent data management, quality-control and analysis skills, using relevant software and adopting new software if required for large complex research projects. (e.g. SPSS, STATA, Excel, Access).
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description ###. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $105,196 - $113,853 pa, including salary component $88,892 - $96,207 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Dr Valentina Lorenzetti, Senior Lecturer via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and via phone on 03 9230 8088.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Tuesday 19 January 2021; 11:55 pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.