Research Fellow, Department of Building
1 day left
- Full Time
We are recruiting a Research Fellow to join the Department of Building at the National University of Singapore (NUS) to work on a research project on smart ground settlement monitoring based on 3D point cloud data. This project aims to develop a solution that utilizes mobile laser scanning and photogrammetry to generate 3D point cloud data for real-time monitoring and prediction of ground settlement. The candidate is expected to work on the assembly and testing of remote sensing platform, and the collection and processing of remote sensing data for ground settlement measurement. The position is expected to start in March 2021. The appointment will be for 12 months in the first instance, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Knowledge in construction and civil engineering
- Knowledge in 3D point cloud data acquisition and processing
- Knowledge in mobile laser scanning and photogrammetry
- Knowledge in computer vision and relevant programming languages
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
Location: School of Design and Environment
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Department of Building
- A PhD degree in construction management, civil engineering, remote sensing, or other relevant fields.
- Good knowledge of point cloud data, computer vision, and remote sensing.
- Positive attitude – Able to work independently and as a team.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meeting tight deadlines.