Manager Graduate Research Development, HEO 9
- Based in Research and Innovation Services at Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract to 31 December 2021
- Salary range: $117,998 - $122,072 per annum (plus superannuation)
About the Role
Research and Innovation Services supports the Deputy Vice Chancellor: Research and Innovation to deliver against the ambitions outlined in the Research and Innovation Strategic Plan. This is achieved through positioning UniSA to be responsive to the changing local, national and international environment and the delivery of high quality, effective support services to researchers and decision makers. Areas of research service activity span partner engagement, research project development and management, research integrity and research training.
The Manager: Graduate Research Development provides leadership in the development, planning and implementation of a variety of initiatives related to research education and training. You will also manage a dedicated team of project officers and business analysts, and work closely with the Dean of Graduate Studies to ensure the University offers postgraduate research students and their supervising staff a world-class experience.
- Research and critically analyse trends and practices across the University sector related to research education and provide high level, strategic advice to senior decision makers
- Support the Dean of Graduate Studies in the development of postgraduate research recruitment strategies
- Provide the Dean of Graduate Studies with strategic and evidence- based advice in relation to research education activities and the development of research supervision capacity
- Represent the University to a range of external networks and keep well-informed of best practice initiatives across the sector
- Demonstrate effective team leadership and seek to build staff capability and skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive experience in a relevant field, such as research in a tertiary environment
- Significant demonstrated experience in providing strategic and evidence based advice to senior staff
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a high performing team and prioritise staff professional development
- Record of achievement in leading, coordinating and integrating service delivery across multi-functional teams
Bringing your talents to UniSA will see you rewarded with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary negotiated under the Enterprise bargaining agreement
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2700.
Applications close: 11.30 pm Sunday 24 January 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment
Please note the University will be closed from Thursday 24 December 2020 and will reopen on Monday 4 January 2021.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.