Assistant Director, Parking Administration
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Assistant Director, Parking Administration
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for management of the Parking & Transportation Office, including direction of the administrative operation and for ensuring compliance with revenue & operational policies/procedures.
This position reports to the Sr. Associate Director for Parking and has three Customer Services staff direct reports. The position partners with BSD Finance and IT teams to support the financial, process improvement & technology goals of Parking & Transportation. This position also partners with the Assistant Director of Operations and their staff.
The incumbent also represents the Sr. Associate Director, Parking on committees and forums across university as required.
- Operations Management: Partner with Sr. Assoc Dir to set, create and maintain standard operating procedures for Parking Office & assure compliance with revenue policies/processes. Oversee permit programs & inventory. Lead, supervise & train office team for timely achievement goals & optimal customer experience. Process payroll deductions and reconciliations.
- Customer Service: Resolve escalated customer issues. Serve as point of contact for special events and departmentally billed parking services. Manage garage wait list. Represents Sr. Assoc Director, on committees & forums across university as required.
- Reporting: Track KPI's, conduct analysis to measure performance & enhance operations. Monitor daily, weekly, & monthly reports from parking management database systems. Submit payroll (deductions/refunds). Oversee & perform audits of credit card transactions.
- Communications: Provide oversight of Parking website assuring accuracy in content; update content & post notices. Script & send mass communications as needed. Provide mass communication to permit holders regarding service operations in both parking & transportation. Provide general parking & special events information as the situation dictates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience is required.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience; preferably with at least 3 years' experience working within a University or parking environment.
- Experience in operations & finance, with an understanding of IT environments.
- Demonstrated customer service resolution skills.
- Highly organized & detail oriented.
- Effective in managing priorities.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficiency in analytics, computer applications & understanding of data systems.
- Excel in a fast past environment.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.