Lecturer in Animal Physiology
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
Focusing on animal physiology
Workplace: Department of Experimental Biology/Section of Animal Physiology and Immunology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 3-year contract, academic
Working Hours: 0,5 FTE (part-time employment of 20 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 1.3.2021 or negotiable
Number of Open Positions: 1
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
The Department of Experimental Biology - Section of Animal Physiology and Immunology at the Faculty of Science MU is a modern, fully equipped workplace where individual research groups are engaged in research at all levels - from molecules and cells to invertebrates and humans; from basic research to the application of results in human and veterinary biomedicine.
- Teaching bachelor's and master's degree courses in the field of animal physiology including these topics: animal physiology, behavioral methods in physiology, practical lessons of animal physiology, and others.
- Organization of specialized class seminars.
- Involvement in activities in order to increase the professional erudition and further application of teaching skills.
- Supervision of bachelor and master diploma theses.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- Completed doctoral degree in the field of animal physiology or molecular or cell biology.
- Practical experience with teaching at a university in minimum range 3 years.
- Ability to teach in both Czech and English language.
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Prof. Mgr. Vitezslav Bryja, Ph.D., email: email@example.com, phone +420 549 49 3291.
- Interesting, independent and responsible work in a prestigious university environment.
- Professional team and pleasant working environment.
- Possibility of further education and professional development.
- 3 years contract.
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility.
- Employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone.
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city. (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office.
The application shall be submitted online by 19.1.2021 via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide following:
- Structured CV
- Cover letter (max. 1 A4).
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
- Copy of a PhD diploma.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or videoconference interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!