Associate Director of Finance
The University of Hong Kong 's highest priorities are to create opportunities for the very best academic talents to excel and to advance human knowledge to the benefit of society. We serve the needs of Hong Kong, the wider region and the rest of the world.
Associate Director of Finance
Work type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Enterprises Office (60500)
Categories: Professional & Management
Applications are invited for the position of Associate Director of Finance at the University.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Associate Director of Finance will assist the Director in managing the operations of the Finance and Enterprises Office. He/She will play a vital role as the Financial Controller of the University and its subsidiaries (together “the Group”) focusing on accounting, budgeting, reporting and compliance/control matters of the financial management function. Key job duties and responsibilities include: -
- Managing the financial reporting for the Group;
- Preparing the budget, financial forecast and all statutory financial reports;
- Managing all accounting operations, including the procurement/accounts payable, billing/accounts receivable, general ledger/COA, tax, treasury and payroll functions of the University;
- Performing tender, margin, cost and price analyses;
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and legislations;
- Formulating and implementing policies and procedures related to accounting and financial management;
- Setting up KPI dashboard for monitoring the performance of the Office;
- Managing the financial management systems of the University; and
- Staff management including mentoring, training and development of staff of the Office.
Qualified candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- A good University degree in accounting, finance, or related fields, with professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA; CFA would be a plus;
- Over 10 years of senior financial managerial experience in sizable organizations;
- Experience in higher education or public organizations is an advantage but not mandatory;
- China experience would be a plus;
- Solid knowledge of accounting and reporting standards and procedures;
- Experience in creating consolidated financial statements;
- Hands-on experience in financial cost, project and contract accounting;
- Familiarized with key accounting / financial systems;
- Strong in communication, both written and verbal, in English and Chinese;
- Ability to motivate and lead teams;
- Excellent organization and administration skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable.
Application and Nomination
Interested parties are invited to submit their applications or nominations on or before January 20, 2021, by email to Heidrick & Struggles, Suite 3005, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications and nominations will continue until the post is filled.
Advertised: Dec 21, 2020 (HK Time)
Applications close: Jan 20, 2021 (HK Time)