Director of Finance
The University of Hong Kong 's highest priorities are to create opportunities for the very best academic talents to excel and to advance human knowledge to the benefit of society. We serve the needs of Hong Kong, the wider region and the rest of the world.
Director of Finance
Work type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Enterprises Office (60500)
Categories: Professional & Management
Applications are invited for the position of Director of Finance at the University.
The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Vice-President (Administration and Finance) of the University; and is also accountable functionally to the Finance Committee of the Council.
Serving as the Chief Financial Officer of the University, the Director of Finance oversees the operations of the Finance and Enterprises Office. He/She is responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of all the finance activities of the University and its subsidiaries (together “the Group”), including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. Key responsibilities include:-
- Driving the financial planning for the Group;
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the Office;
- Providing sound financial insights and strategic recommendations to the Council and the Senior Management Team;
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting;
- Conducting analysis, appraisal and providing recommendation on investments and major capital projects;
- Managing the cash flow of the University to ensure it has the appropriate controls;
- Advising on long-term financial strategies and implementing best practices;
- Ensuring effective management and mitigation of risks;
- Managing the relationships with external partners and stakeholders; and
- Overseeing the financial management systems of the University including the Enterprise Resources Planning systems.
The position is accorded the status of University Officer.
Qualified candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- A good University degree in accounting, finance, or related fields, with professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA. CFA would be a strong plus;
- Over 20 years of senior financial managerial experience in sizable organizations, with a proven record of success;
- Experience in higher education or public organizations is an advantage but not mandatory;
- Proven China experience is preferred;
- Well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from accounting to investment and corporate financial management;
- Good insights and knowledge of the capital market;
- Ability to strategize and solve problems;
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills; and
- Excellent communication and people skills.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable.
Application and Nomination
Interested parties are invited to submit their applications or nominations on or before January 20, 2021, by email to Heidrick & Struggles, Suite 3005, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong (Email: email@example.com). Review of applications and nominations will continue until the post is filled.
Advertised: Dec 21, 2020 (HK Time)
Applications close: Jan 20, 2021 (HK Time)