Research Associate, Level ARAS
- Based in the Future Industries Institute at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, 12-month fixed term contract
- Salary range: $88,851 - $95,253 (plus superannuation)
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research, and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About the Role
The Research Associate will contribute to the research effort of the Future Industries Institute. In particular, research for the Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) Research Partnership grant titled ‘Development of a systemic antibody therapy for the treatment of epidermolysis bullosa’ aiming to develop an effective new treatment for patients with EB.
- Conduct research in collaboration with industry
- Design and perform in vitro and in vivo antibody characterisation studies
- Draft reports for submission to project stakeholders
- Provide advice and guidance to the postgraduate, internship, and visiting students
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of referred journal publications, conferences, and seminar papers
- Active involvement in meetings, and attendance at conferences and seminars relevant to the research project
Skills and Experience
- A PhD degree in cell biology in conjunction with relevant research experience
- Experience in antibody engineering and characterisation
- Experience in vivo wound models including their analysis using histology and immunohistochemistry
- Demonstrated project management skills
- A record of peer reviewed publications and conference presentations
- High level communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively in a diverse research team
- Evidence of leading innovation and creativity, leading to intellectual property or other tangible research outcomes
- Experience working with industry on strategic basic and applied research
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses
- A variety of leave arrangements
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Amy Ryan, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2688.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Friday 15 January 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Please note the University will be closed from Thursday 24 December 2020 and will reopen on Monday 4 January 2021.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.