Card Services Associate
This is a 14 Month Fixed Term position.
Administer and support Card Services with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
This position reports to the Director, Card Services. Card Services issues and maintains the Stanford Campus Card (variously known as the Stanford ID Card, University ID, or Student ID), as well as manages a variety of applications and services. We administer access control, point of sale, and copiers and printers, as well as grant privileges or entitlements to campus individuals and groups
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Perform day-to-day activities of Card Services. Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Perform the issuance of campus ID cards to Faculty, staff, and visitors to campus. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Process and bill for IT Services Card Office order requests using the various order and fulfillment systems (e.g., CS Gold, Lenel, Service Now, Cablebridge, NetDB, RegAdmin).
- Track and distribute cable TV and cable modem boxes to students and residential clientsCreate complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Reconcile daily receipts for the Card Office. Collaborate with other groups in IT Services to support the software and management of Campus CardsOversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford University’s commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of March 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Relocation and sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 88048