Associate Lecturer, Education-Focused in Biomedical Engineering
- Full Time
- Join part of one of the fastest growing engineering disciplines in Australia and the world
- Located on the Camperdown Campus in the School of Biomedical Engineering
- Two full-time, fixed term (one each 18 month & 24 month) opportunities with a base salary of $76K - $103K p.a., plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint two Education-focused Associate Lecturersto join us in the School Biomedical Engineering. We are looking for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Associate Lecturers (Education-Focused) who have:
- a relevant higher degree in biomedical engineering or closely-related field
- experience in conducting original research and/or engaging in scholarly activity
- experience in teaching and learning, as evidenced by participation in team teaching and teaching in a variety of settings
- a demonstrated understanding of the subject-matter within the discipline of biomedical engineering
- a developed knowledge and understanding of contemporary pedagogical practice and design
- a highly developed understanding in one or more of the following areas:
- biomedical physics
- anatomy and physiology
- project management
- software development
- bio-inspired design
- interdisciplinary research
The School of Biomedical Engineering is located at The University of Sydney, and is dedicated to the research, development, application and dissemination of biomedical education and research leadership. Biomedical engineering sits at the crossroads of medicine and engineering, health and innovation; and has the 21st century focus of technological therapies and treatments to support a world where people live longer and more active lives.
The School of Biomedical Engineering has a student body of over 900 students and has seen strong growth in demand for teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://www.sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the reference number 1475/1220F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is only available for this position for candidates who are currently located within Australia.
Closing date: 11:30 pm, Monday 18 January 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.