Program Assistant, Bing Nursery School
Bing Nursery School is a program in the School of Humanities and Sciences at Stanford University and serves as a laboratory for the Department of Psychology. The department established the school in 1966 to serve as a site for research and training in child development. It provides high quality educational programs to over 500 young children (2-5 years) each year, their parents, students in training, and research and teaching faculty.
The Bing Nursery School Program Assistant will maintain the school and facilities, in accordance with state licensing regulations, NAEYC, and Stanford policies, including: maintain kitchen, teacher workroom, all curriculum cabinets, Tower House and outdoor spaces. Maintain office supplies and equipment and process orders. Work with vendors as needed. Assist in organizing events, including school fundraisers, KPPE, and Performance Series events. Assist with coordinating logistics, scheduling conference rooms, working with vendors, ordering, and distribution of materials. Generate, organize and photocopy school documents; coordinate mailings and work with vendors. Maintain files and filing systems. Assist with travel/conference arrangements for 45+ staff. Serve as point person for tracking of health and safety requirements as per licensing guidelines, and Stanford required training. Assist with work overflow and provide back-up for other department administrative needs. May work weekends or evenings occasionally. Other duties as assigned.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Track facility and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles, and projectors, via logs, and schedule repairs as needed.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordination of basic office moves.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required):
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classifications and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4101
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Requisition ID: 88107