Freelance Management and Accounting Lecturer
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Freelance
The role of the faculty lecturer is to deliver (and develop) innovative and high-quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers. Lecturers must have significant professional / academic experience in their discipline, as well as the enthusiasm to pass their passion for their specialist area on to students, learners, clients and peers.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, personal tuition, project supervision and coaching, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online via the Adobe Connect platform).
The BPP School of Business is recruiting freelance faculty to support the delivery and development of programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with a keen sense of the corporate context, who are excited by the prospect of using their professional expertise to develop careers in higher education. For this role, we are interested in hearing from practitioners and/or experienced academics who can teach a range of management and accounting related modules on our MSc and BSc programmes.
- Deliver (and develop) high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists that reflect current corporate and professional body priorities.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments, work-based learning projects and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators, complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Manage cohorts of students to ensure the integrity and operational efficiency of the programmes.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
Department School of Business - Faculty
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential.
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles;
- Understanding of organisational capability requirements in specialist area;
- Leadership, training or staff development experience;
- Giving presentations or public speaking;
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload;
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative;
- Digital literacy;
- PhD or equal;
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications.
- Understanding of work based learning;
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring.
Contract Hours 0.00