Pre-sessional and Short Courses Assistant Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced EAP tutor who would like to be part of a Pre-sessional and short courses coordination team as Assistant Coordinator. The role is ideal for someone looking to gain experience of planning and delivering online and blended Pre-sessional and In-sessional/ embedded programmes and/ or someone looking to gain leadership skills in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
Under the direction of the Head of Pre-sessional and Programme Coordinators, the successful applicant will assist in the design and delivery of the range of Pre-sessional and In-sessional/embedded support helping to achieve a seamless and rounded educational experience for international students throughout their journey at King’s.
The successful candidate will be solution focused, using their prior experience as an EAP tutor to provide innovative contributions towards high quality learning & teaching that is sustainable and scalable.
The Assistant Coordinator will play a key role in the departmental structure of King’s Foundations, holding responsibility for line managing a group of tutors and contributing to their wellbeing and professional development. You will work together with other line managers to implement organisational policy thereby helping King’s Foundations to achieve its strategic aims. No prior experience of line management is required for the post; however, a sound understanding of the function and requirements of line management responsibility is essential.
Please note – this is an advert for a grade 6 assistant coordinator position. We are also recruiting for a grade 7 programme coordinator via a separate advert.
1. To assist in the planning, design and delivery of the Pre-sessional, In-sessional, Embedded and Short Courses, as part of the Pre-sessional & Short Courses management team.
2. To take delegated responsibility for areas of development work (e.g. assessment, tutor induction, schemes of work, teaching materials and development), as directed by the Pre-sessional and Short Courses Coordinators and Head of Pre-sessional and Short Courses.
3. To ensure that all teaching-related administration for the Pre-sessional, In-sessional/Embedded and Short Courses is completed accurately and according to departmental guidelines, working with professional services as required.
4. To assist in the planning, expansion and consolidation of short course provision within King’s Foundations liaising with academics and professional services staff across the university to enable this.
5. To assist in the recruitment of temporary teaching staff for the Pre-sessional course, and to provide effective induction, management, and leadership of Pre-sessional, In-sessional/Embedded and Short Courses staff, in cooperation with the Pre-sessional and Short Courses Coordinators and Head of Pre-sessional and Short Courses.
6. To be a member of the Departmental Management team and to line manage a team of tutors (including temporary tutors) ensuring their wellbeing and professional development; to be a champion for innovation and change and to help implement departmental and organisational policies.
7. To teach up to 350 hours per academic year (September – August) across a range of programmes, including where necessary on the Pre-sessional, and to ensure all associated teaching duties are performed to the required standard.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.