Clinical Receptionist Internal Medicine Endocrinology
Provides comprehensive clinical scheduling for the department. Receives high volume of incoming calls and faxes and assess the nature and urgency of the inquiry in order to determine assistance and/or direct the caller.
- Answers telephone calls and assess urgency of call. Directs caller to appropriate person or contacts physician directly.
- Schedules meetings and patient appointments. Notifies patient of changes/cancellations as necessary. Creates patient bump lists as a result of last minute provider call outs.
- Receives patients and visitors. Secures names and needs and directs accordingly.
- Updates patient information. Provides information related to section and procedures. Assists patients with the completion of forms. Obtains patient charts, medical records and lab reports and verifies for completeness. Copies and distributes medical records and reports as necessary.
- Compiles and posts information on standard forms. Maintains logs and records of activities and prepares routine summaries as necessary.
- Utilizes computer to input and retrieve appointment data and patient information and produce standard reports. Performs keyboarding duties.
- Sorts, screens and distributes incoming mail. Processes outgoing mail following postal and University regulations.
- May book diagnostic tests and appointments for patients at hospitals and other medical facilities. May accept and process fee for service payments. May initiate billing process by completing patient encounter forms.
- Performs clerical functions incidental to clinical reception activities.
Required Education and Experience
Two years of related work experience and a high school level education, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality and remain focused in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to be meticulous with details.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated professional demeanor.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
One year experience scheduling patient appointments in EPIC.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus