Catering Field Representative, Catering
Department Campus Dining
Category Food Services and Dining
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Work Schedule Monday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, Wednesday 1:00 pm 9:30 pm, Thursday & Friday 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Saturday 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
- Assists in overseeing all aspects of planning, booking and managing functions, food production, and service. Paying close attention to menus and up and coming food and beverage trends.
- Participate in the purchasing, inventory, and issuance of food products. Maintains currency with, understands and ensures unit compliance with all university policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises and trains staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to assigned staff. Supervises bargaining unit employees to ensure compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and adherence to University policies and procedures.
- Assists with planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, scheduling and delegating responsibility to the staff, ensuring the goals and objectives of the operation are met on a daily basis by the staff.
- Monitors customer satisfaction through table touching, being present on the floor during functions, focus groups, and responding to customer inquiries. Develops and maintains client relations.
- Assists and/or works in other units within Campus Dining as the needs arise, providing direct supervision and guidance to staff when required. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Maintains and develops standards for service levels, hospitality, and sanitation. Provides training (to include aspects of service) and supervision to all staff for these standards. Maintains quality facilities.
- Ensures compliance with all state, local, and university food safety, work place safety, and HACCP policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to regularly lift and control 40 pounds.
- Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work and work outside of the unit required.
- At least two years of experience in a catering operation.
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
Work Schedule Requirements:
- The schedule will be discussed during the interview process and established when an offer of employment is made.
- Flexibility, early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and work outside the unit is required.
- The schedule will change due to business needs.
- This is an Academic Year (19 pay), 100% Duty Time (40 hr.) Position.
- This is an "Essential Personnel" position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality Management or related field.
- Three to four years of progressive experience in a catering operation or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of New Jersey State Health Codes and procedures.
- Must be able to coordinate and delegate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to take and give direction and work with others.
- Knowledge of computerized food production systems with ability to create recipes, develop menu forecasts, monitor standards, and control costs.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.