HPC Specialist with focus on operation and use of HPC Systems
At TU Dresden, the Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH) offers within the project "NHR – Nationales Hochleistungsrechnen" with its focus on research, development and support for HPC 2 positions as
with focus on operation and use of HPC Systems
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 11 TV-L)
starting at the next possible date. The position is limited for three years. The period of employment is governed by Fixed Term and Part Time Contracts Act (TzBfG, following extension possible). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The position is generally suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please indicate your request in your application.
Tasks: Operation and administration of HPC systems, maintenance of system and application software, and the following individual focus topics of the positions:
- NHR-9: Container solutions and tailored execution environments for HPC projects
- NHR-10: Design, implementation, and integration of data-driven workflows in HPC environments
- matching Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering Mathematics or a suitable engineering discipline or suitable work experience
- knowledge and experience in the operation and the usage of HPC systems as well as Linux system administration
- knowledge in current web technologies, container solutions and Big Data software frameworks or libraries
- good German and English language skills
- good communication skills with computer scientists and application area scientists
- ability to quickly familiarize with new topics and projects from various scientific application areas
Applications by women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by January 7, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) with reference to the position number (NHR-9; NHR-10) to TU Dresden, Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen, Herrn Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel – persönlich-, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden or via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf-document to email@example.com. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the German version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/8143.
Apply for HPC Specialist with focus on operation and use of HPC Systems
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly