Senior Manager, Industrial Automation, College of STEMM
4 days left
- Full Time
- Drive RMIT Advanced Manufacturing Precinct, an Industry 4.0 facility focused on digital manufacturing & design
- Full time, fixed term position until January 2024, at HEW Level 10A (AU$129,956-$141,866) p.a plus 17% super and benefits
- Based in the heart of Melbourne at our CBD Campus
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
About the College of STEMM
The College comprises four Schools delivering a broad range of programs in science, engineering, health and technology at apprenticeship, certificate, bachelor, masters and PhD levels. Many programs articulate between vocational and higher education, creating pathways for further study
About the role
The Senior Manager, Industrial Automation sits within the Advanced Manufacturing Precinct (AMP).
The position will work to drive RMIT Advanced Manufacturing Precinct, an Industry 4.0 facility focused on digital manufacturing and design. The role will manage and oversee industrial automation and Industry 4.0 projects and programs between STEMM College, College of VE and external Partners and be responsible for managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have;
- Experience in managing specific projects end to end and leading a team to deliver projects within scope, required timeframes and budget.
- High level of technical understanding around advanced manufacturing technologies and trades and how future technologies and Industry 4.0 can support innovative approaches to education and training.
- An extensive understanding of and experience in program/project management, particularly managing multiple projects across a variety of stakeholders, including demonstrated skills in project planning, monitoring & evaluation related to automation & manufacturing.
- Demonstrated written and verbal professional communication skills to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders across education, research and industry.
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to influence and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage employees where required, and to use initiative and problem-solving skills to organise and prioritise workload and provide practical solutions.
- High level of initiative and ability to solve problems and adapt well to constantly changing needs and environments.
- Relevant qualifications and extensive experience in leading industry projects are mandatory.
- A qualification/certification in Project Management Methodology will be highly regarded (e.g. Grad Cert/Grad Diploma of PM, Prince 2, Agile)
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
To apply, please go to our careers page https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers/current-opportunities?job=592166 and submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role and attach a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria (found within the PD)
For any position related enquiries, please contact Professor Milan Brandt via email: email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 31 January at 11:55pm
Important holiday closure update: https://youtu.be/XisbbVsPANU
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australias immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/