Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Staff and Faculty Consultation Center wishes to hire a person to become the Office Administrator. S/he should have demonstrated the ability and desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic office as a team member. This person can multi-task easily, is well organized and is not afraid of challenges and change.
- Phone triage and appointment scheduling, collecting intake information on clients or visitors needed to be seen
- Maintain records, manage bill payment and p-card reconciliation for Staff and Faculty Consultation Center
- Maintain office supplies
- Interfacing with key campus personnel in emergency and non- emergency situations, using professional judgement when interacting with Caltech community and elsewhere
- Understanding and respecting the confidential nature of the office and keeping confidential client records appropriately
- 5-7 years of relevant office/administration support experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, good judgement, excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with people in crisis
- Will have the ability to communicate and interact with discretion, diplomacy, and tact with campus constituencies of diverse backgrounds of all kinds
- Ability to learn and engage with new technologies is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following computer programs: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams, and a Website Development and Maintenance program
- Ability to learn other platforms quickly as needed, such as PCard reconciliation
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and the ability to identify solutions to obstacles
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus