Materials Synthesis Engineer, Research Engineer
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Caltech High Throughput Experimentation group performs accelerated discovery of energy-related materials. The group seeks a temporary operator of its Microfab inkjet printer to synthesize composition gradient materials libraries.
- Generation of printable elemental precursors
- Development of deposition protocols on the Microfab printer
- Preparation of library plates suitable for printing
- Printer operation to synthesize composition libraries
- Documentation of all deposition parameters in the group's database
- Documentation of recommended thermal processing protocols for the resulting composition libraries
- Additional measurements such as optical and composition characterization as needed to validate the quality of the printed libraries
- 5+ years experience operating Microfab printers for materials synthesis
- Experience with the Caltech HTE database
- Master's Degree in Material Science or related field.