Per Diem Dining Employee
Yale Hospitality is committed to creating memorable dining experiences for our guests. To accomplish this, we rely on employees committed to delivering superior customer service. A Yale Hospitality Per Diem Dining Employee (Casual Service Worker- Hospitality) supports all aspects of food service including food preparation, serving, transportation, storage and general cleaning while working closely with co-workers, students and faculty. A successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced working environment, will have the flexibility to perform a wide range of tasks, and will comply with proper dress code as designated by the department. Candidates must be available a minimum of 20 hours/week, which may include evenings and weekends. If you share in our commitment to excellence in hospitality and passion for good food this is the opportunity for you. This is an on call position only, and candidates must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
Yale University is interested in building a pool of potential candidates interested in current or future casual employment opportunities in the field of Dining Services. Please note your submission will be reviewed and you will be contacted should there be an opportunity to explore your candidacy further.
- Serves the menu of the day in the manner prescribed by the Department of Dining Halls, on customer service lines and by waiting on tables.
- Transports food and supplies from storage and preparation areas to service areas.
- Assists in receiving and storing necessary food and supplies and maintain related records.
- Uses and maintains tools and equipment in the prescribed manner, including, but not limited to steam tables, beverage dispenser equipment, food display cases, condiment tables, dishwashing machines, dining room tables and chairs, bussing trucks, etc.
- Checks in customers, receives meal payments andmaintains records.
- Cleans and maintains area such as, but not limited to, kitchens, dining room, dish room, serving room, and basements.
- Washes dishes and pots.
- Assists other employees in the performance of their job, as directed by responsible supervisors, using the necessary equipment in the performance of their jobs.
- Observes safety standard and practices.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, pleasant, grammatically correct and professional manner.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to follow recipes and other detailed instructions.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to work successfully in the customer service industry. Ability to meet and serve customers in a polite and friendly manner.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to work flexible schedules, as requested by the department.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
A passion for food and hospitality. Experience working in the food and/or hospitality industries.
Sustained standing. Frequent bending. Moves both arms and shoulders as necessary while working with equipment and/or materials. Independently moves, lifts and carries supplies, equipment, and materials weighing up to 60 pounds from floor to waist height and 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height. Carries supplies up or down stairs if necessary. Pulls and/or pushes Busco carts and/or containers etc. Works in confined areas with wide temperature variations.