Candidate will assist faculty from the Yale Center for Analytic Sciences (YCAS) collaborative core in the delivery of biostatistical/epidemiologic support to clinical investigators at the Yale School of Medicine and the West Haven VA. Responsibilities will require candidate to:
- Interact with the YCAS collaborative team to provide biostatistical and epidemiologic support to clinical investigators from the Yale School of Medicine and West Haven VA from the hypothesis generation phase through the dissemination of results.
- Interact with the Yale Data Coordinating Center (YDCC) collaborative team to provide biostatistical input on bioinformatics issues for clinical trials.
- Carry out analyses for many types of data and types of studies including clinical trials and biomarker studies.
- Perform data cleaning and monitoring for ongoing clinical trials and assist in designing, preparing, and presenting Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) reports.
- Prepare written reports that summarize the analysis of research data, interpret the findings and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide biostatistical consultation and assistance to faculty and others.
- Meet with investigators to assess data management/statistical needs.
- Assist Biostatistics team and investigators in the review/preparation of research protocols, grants and manuscripts for multiple projects (i.e. provide input on study design, data collection, the formulation and description of appropriate statistical methods, sample size requirements/power calculations, and best research methods).
- Work on several projects concurrently.
- Evaluates and analyzes data using accepted statistical and biostatistical techniques.
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates complex statistical and programming problems. Determines proper methodology, testing standards, and evaluation processes for research projects. Recommends and develops statistical approaches for use in analyses.
- Prepares analysis plans and writes detailed specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.
- In collaboration with research investigators, contributes to the design of research studies, develops analytical plans, conducts statistical analysis and interpret the results.
- Ensures the integrity of databases used in analyses through development of essential data cleaning and checks, and data back-ups.
- Plans statistical programming activities and schedules to provide investigators with time frames for projects.
- Recommends and develops statistical approaches by testing and prototyping.
- Organizes and creates documents and tables related to datasets; communicates with data sources about data accuracy and data dictionary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field. Two years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task by setting working priorities among a number of conflicting demands.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent programming skills with proficiency in SAS (including SQL) additional proficiency in R, other statistical programming languages, or general programming languages a plus. Experience working in large databases.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to work in a collaborative environment with the Biostatistics team and clinical investigators having differing quantitative and clinical backgrounds, and ability to write, discuss and present the statistical aspects of studies with the team and clinical investigators.
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus