Lead Cloud Application Architect
Department Software and Application Svs
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University’s Office of Information Technology, is embarking on a long-term planning and migration effort to shift hosting of our Administrative and Academic applications from on-premises to Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
The primary responsibility of the Lead Cloud Application Architect is to assess OIT’s application portfolio, determine necessary improvements to enable migration to the cloud, design and implement cloud environments, and work with product owners and development teams to create and implement a roadmap for managing the migration of the university’s highly complex on-premises application stacks, into Azure and OCI.
This position offers the flexibility to work remotely within the United States. Employees are expected to have a professional, distraction free environment with reliable high speed internet connection. This position requires company paid business travel to Princeton, NJ approximately 4-5 weeks per year.
- Discover and document on-premises legacy application dependencies.
- Analyze and document application gap analysis for cloud readiness.
- Design and implement the Azure/OCI infrastructure and security framework.
- Advise and assist development teams with refactoring on-premises applications.
- Group and schedule applications for concurrent migration to the cloud.
- Develop and implement a detailed roadmap for the migration process.
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure development processes using Puppet, Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, Azure Templates, and OCI.
- Understand and integrate OIT’s complex Service Oriented paradigm in the organization of our cloud application infrastructure.
- Commit to and enable the adoption of “Infrastructure as Code” best practices for all of our cloud administrative and operational responsibilities.
- Build into the cloud infrastructure basic operational necessities:
- Monitoring, Alerting, Logging, Disaster Recovery, Backup, and Operational Continuity.
- Lead in the development and documentation of ongoing operational procedures
- 5+ years of direct experience developing solutions in Azure.
- 3+ years of proven success in Azure design, implementation, support, and operations for a large scale IT operation.
- 5+ years in an application architect/developer role for complex 3-tier applications.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-303, AZ-304).
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500).
- Demonstrated expertise with cloud-centric CI/CD best practices.
- Demonstrated expertise with a wide range of Azure services including:
- Active Directory
- Azure Storage
- Web Applications
- Containers and Kubernetes
- Event Hub
- Key Vault
- Ability to work with a team of varying backgrounds and responsibilities. Must be a strong mentor.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex initiatives and projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and the ability to work effectively in teams.
- Excellent written/oral/interpersonal communication skills, both with regard to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Azure Certification as a Security Specialist.
- At least 1 year of direct experience with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience and proven expertise in intrusion detection and remediation.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps tools including:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and/or Computer Science.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW