Associate Director of Business Systems and Operations
The Associate Director of Business Systems and Operations is a member of the Stanford University Alumni and Development Application Platform Transition (ADAPT) Business Technology Services team, reporting to the Director of Business Systems and Operations for SAA. The Associate Director is responsible for the day to day management of a business analyst team, as well as serving as the technical liaison between business users and University IT. The Associate Director will be part of the continuous improvement effort of ADAPT processes; they will work with business owners and technical staff to gather needs and apply their strong systems knowledge to analyze and build out requirements, identify gaps, and drive organizational change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Exercise full management responsibility for a team of business analysts, working on all phases of application development lifecycle for alumni relations
- Ensure work completion within schedule, budgetary, and design constraints; make decisions about analysis, design, and testing; solve complex technical problems; provide alternative methods for achieving goals when necessary
- Serve as primary interface with the business regarding development needs for engagement products and perform ongoing analysis of business requirements.
- Collaborate across multiple teams with peers and stakeholders to identify products that will solve the business needs, and ensure end-to-end processes are aligned and support each other.
- Serve as a subject matter expert with the ability to explain how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint.
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions from end to end
- Manage vendor evaluations and provide recommendations
- Monitor technology trends and evaluate emerging technologies for adoption and implementation. Engage in long-term roadmap planning for the digital stream
- Resolve complex technical problems
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in the role you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of enterprise solutions, digital experience or combination of education and relevant experience required
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully and build relationships with marketing teams, IT colleagues, campus partners, executives and technology vendors is required.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage large-scale projects working with cross functional teams across business and technology team
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle and quality control practices
- Experience working with web technologies such as content management systems and CRM systems
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects
- Excellent communication and consultation skills including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and present findings to stakeholders at all levels is required.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
More about us:
Introduction to the Office of Development and the Stanford Alumni Association:
The fundraising work of the Stanford Office of Development (OOD) underwrites every aspect of the university’s mission of teaching, research, service and patient care. The gifts raised help us offer one of the most generous financial aid programs in the United States and carry out groundbreaking research that benefits people worldwide. Last year, we raised over $1 billion in philanthropic gifts.
Separately, the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) reaches, serves and engages all Stanford alumni and students, and fosters a lifelong intellectual and emotional connection between the University and its graduates. We deliver the most effective alumni relations program anywhere in higher education, including a bimonthly magazine; online communication and networking tools; academic and social programming (on and off-campus); a worldwide travel/study program; and numerous Stanford-related products and initiatives.
Introduction Business Technology Services (BTS)
BTS serves the technology needs of OOD & SAA. In addition to ongoing support, BTS, in partnership with Stanford’s UIT is accountable for the implementation of the ADAPT Program (Alumni and Development Applications Platform Transition). ADAPT is a multi-year program that will migrate Stanford's 20+ year old PostGrads database and all its associated systems and processes (e.g., gift-processing, web presence, constituent management, event management, etc.) to a Salesforce platform or inter-related systems. The services BTS provides enables OOD, Stanford Alumni Association (SAA), and their campus partners to better serve, steward, and digitally engage the university's donors and alumni.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4806
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: L
- Requisition ID: 87901