Senior Maintenance Technician
Senior Maintenance Technician
Job ID: 011184
Salary: £32,676 to £37,297 per annum, inclusive of London Weighting Allowance
Closing date: 13-Dec-2020
Business unit: Estates & Facilities
Department: Central Maintenance Asset Management
Contact details: Andrew Bliss, andrew.bliss@KCL.ac.uk
Guy's Campus Professional and support services
The Role will be Responsible for managing and undertaking Hard Services planned preventative and reactive maintenance across all College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and College compliance requirements.
The role is critical to maintaining College functions and is part of a specialist team of operational maintenance technicians focussing upon critical, essential, Statutory and Non-essential systems and asset operational maintenance.
The Guy's Engineering Team (of which the Senior Maintenance Technician is part) will have responsibility for the operational performance and safety of their buildings at all times and will have responsibility for liaising with specialist sub-contractors and other building dedicated engineers to maintain high quality service delivery, maximum system uptime and optimised building performance through energy efficient solutions and best practice.
In times of absence they will stand in for the Team Leader to whom they also answer to and support the team leader in all respects.
A summary of the tasks expected of the role, whilst not exhaustive, are listed below in Key responsibilities.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- Responsible for the engineering Team as 1st line manager (Guy's)
- Answers to Team Leader
- Stand in for Team Leader when away
- Professionalism to all work colleagues and clients
- Ordering materials for stock/reactive jobs
- Assist TL with Recruitment selection
- Chasing work orders sitting with engineering Team (In conjunction with admin)
- Carry out internal audits/quality inspections on internal/external works/processes
- Supervise works and give support to Engineers
- Stock control of materials for Site
- Delivery of tool box talks on time and report to TL
- Stock control & maintenance of hand tools and IT equipment
- Proper use of documents (signing in book, van control etc) by team
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- C&G level 3 in a mechanical or electrical discipline
- Multi skilled experience/knowledge in all discipline's
- Strong Team leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communicator
- IT Literate (Outlook, Word, Excel & Teams)
- A calm & calculated problem solving ability
- Honest, Reliable, dependable and flexible.
- IOSH Qualified
- NEBOSH Qualified
- HNC/HND Qualified in a relevant discipline
- Project work experience
CV's selection process to be carried out by Guy's management team as well as the interviews.
The candidates may be asked to complete a short technical questionnaire at interview.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.