Senior Learning Designer
- Full time, fixed term position available (until December 2021) at HEW level 8 ($99,561 - 112,124 p.a ) plus 17% super and benefits
- Be part of the Vocational Education College, Learning & Teaching Innovation & Quality Portfolio
- Based at the CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
About The College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMITs College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, ALiVE@RMIT, purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence.
Led by our Pro Vice Chancellor, the College of VE is reimagining how we deliver vocational education to create unique experiences for our students and partners.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
About the role
As the Senior Learning Designer, you will play a critical role is supporting teaching staff to design and develop sustainable and high-quality blended learning experiences. A key part of this role also involves participation in strategic initiatives to support blended learning solutions at scale by incorporating evidence-based principles that are consistent with RMITs transformation and innovation agenda.
You will keep abreast of national and international developments and initiatives in Vocational education, technology enhanced-learning delivery and enhance the Universitys competitiveness in the industry. In addition, you will support teaching staff to develop and deliver transformative curriculum in new and amended programs as well as work collaboratively with Learning & Teaching (L&T) Innovation colleagues and teaching teams on curriculum requirements for contemporary Vocational Education and Associate Degree Programs..
The Senior Learning Designer will drive innovative, learning design for application in a contemporary VE setting. You will have experience and a comprehensive understanding of the role technology plays in enhancing student experience and outcomes, as well as knowledge of the pedagogical affordances of discipline-specific strategies for face-to-face and online learning environments.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Experience in learning and assessment design, digital pedagogies and educational innovation
- Proven skills and experience in instructional design and the development of HE/VE student-centered learning experiences and resources
- Deep knowledge of digital learning principles and practices, as well as current and future trends in digital learning technologies, including Canvas and Microsoft products
- Experience and a comprehensive understanding of the role technology plays in enhancing student experience and outcomes, as well as knowledge of the pedagogical affordances of discipline-specific strategies for face-to-face and online learning environments
- Experience with the production of digital learning resources
- Strong project management skills in coordinating multiple stakeholders, meeting timeframes and delivering outcomes
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to secure the cooperation and engagement of key stakeholders
- Experience in an area of education specialisation such as learning and teaching development, academic integrity, English Language support, employability, rewards and recognition, technology-enhanced-learning, assessment, curriculum design and development and evaluation methods
Relevant qualifications and proven experience in either a learning design role or experience as a teacher/trainer and assessor, and appropriate relevant industry experience.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your interest for this role.
For any position related enquiries, please contact Elissa McKenzie - Manager, Vocational Education Design at email@example.com.
Applications close 5 pm on 18 January 2020
Receive opportunities at RMIT directly to your inbox by subscribing here.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australias immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/