Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Coordinator
The Department of Medicine, Division of Primary Care and Population Health seeks to serve our community through caring, learning, and innovation for the whole person through all stages of live. While engaged in practice and teaching, our faculty are dedicated to establishing new knowledge as the basis for future practice and prevention, and to the greatest extent possible applying that knowledge to improve care for all and reduce health disparities.
The Division of Primary Care and Population Health is seeking a Fellowship Coordinator (Residency/Fellowship Program Coordinator 1) to provide excellent administrative and operational support to Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship program. The successful candidate will be able to work independently on daily assignments and must be able to take initiative on all tasks. The incumbent works one half-day per week at the Palo Alto VA.
- Review and evaluate applications for completeness; compile recruitment information, distribute applications, notify applicants of decisions for interview.
- Maintain confidential resident/fellowship files and monitor records of resident/fellow attendance for all required educational activities, including conferences and other didactic experiences.
- Track work hours, resident activities and schedules; Maintain, update and distribute resident rotation, vacation and leave schedules in electronic systems. Verify trainees’ status and activities as needed.
- Monitor and document the residency/clinical fellowship evaluation process.
- Communicate regularly with residents/fellows and faculty regarding the daily activities, such as conference and grand rounds announcements.
- Provides administrative support to Program Director including scheduling of student meetings, preparations of agenda, recording and maintain meeting minutes, and development of reports.
- Assist with planning departmental annual events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, faculty retreats, as well as various meetings and program-related events.
- Order office supplies, complete resident reimbursements and performs other duties as assigned.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Attention to details and a high degree of accountability.
- Fellowship administrative experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating priorities.
- Agile and quick learner who can adapt easily to Stanford specific software and clinically related software.
- Solid oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with all levels of faculty and staff, and handle diverse workload.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and other applications required.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or other subspecialties guidelines.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4536
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87196