Manager, Endpoint Engineering and Development
Do you have a passion for leading and inspiring teams passionate about crafting products and services? Does enabling users to focus on their goals get you up in the morning? Do you want to work on a team that values innovating with purpose, being bold, and operating with excellence in support of Stanford University and its global mission?
In University IT at Stanford University, we strive to make our client’s experience with technology a priority. The Endpoint Engineering and Development team seeks a manager who will expand on the successes of the current workgroups while partnering with the leadership team of Client Experience and Solutions (CXS) in delivering a growing portfolio of services and critical initiatives.
As the manager of EED, reporting to the Executive Director of CXS, you will manage a team of product managers and developers focused on building and maintaining key Stanford mobile and desktop apps.
With the support of University IT leadership, you will:
- Set strategic leadership for desktop and mobile application development. Lead teams of product managers and developers to build, update, and sunset applications providing a variety of services to users at Stanford.
- Collaborate with Stanford entities and support teams on a Unified Endpoint Management strategy. Work with leaders in Stanford Information Security, Schools, and Departments to build a Unified Endpoint Management system that is complementary with other Stanford entity UEM strategies.
- Lead and empower a highly engaged team to build products for multiple communities. Emphasize the importance of diversity and inclusion and build an affirming environment for your team to grow and thrive in. Lead the group to a high level of employee morale and organizational efficiency.
- Collaborate with other leaders in aligning with the user experience and service delivery strategy for UIT. Stress the value of cooperative inter-departmental relationships throughout UIT and IT at Stanford.
- Stay informed about and integrate with strategic and emerging technologies. Use opportunities for change as new players, technologies, and processes emerge in a rapidly changing industry.
- Manage budget and service models. Creatively deliver high-value products and services while stewarding Stanford’s financial resources.
Education & experience (required):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant work experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities (required):
- Detailed understanding of application development, endpoint engineering and problem resolution.
- Strong customer relationship skills, consensus building skills, and ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment.
- Proven ability to lead, empower, and develop staff.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
May work extended hours or weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates dedication to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Who We Are
The Endpoint Engineering and Development is part of University Information Technology (UIT), a 600-person strong organization supporting 100+ services for Stanford. We are committed to providing the highest quality user-facing services as part of UIT’s vision in being the world’s leading higher education IT organization, partnering with faculty, staff, students, and alumni to advance Stanford’s unparalleled research, teaching, learning, and healthcare mission.
We’re located across four major campuses. When you are in your office, it will be located in Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus is open and brings together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford’s culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a world-class author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4806
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: L
- Requisition ID: 87320