Associate Dean, Director of Programmes
Job Profile Leadership Team - Leadership Roles
Contract Type Permanent
You will be part of the Senior Management Team, working alongside the Associate Dean, Quality Assurance, the lead for Strategic Business & Partnership Management and the Head of Academic Staffing, to realise the strategic vision of the School of Nursing and engender the esposed cultural values of BPP.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Enhance the portfolio delivery and growth by working with current partners and contributing to the successful outcomes of new Tender oppprtunities.
- Lead on the management of the academic content and pedagogy of programmes.
- Deputise for the Dean as required.
- Oversee the smooth running of the programmes.
- Work with the Award Leaders to ensure timetables are up to date across Levels 4-7.
- Oversee the work with the Leads for the Hub, OCL & Assessments.
- Work with the Senior Operations & Planning Officer to ensure Deployment & Scheduling is completed.
- Work with the Associate Dean to ensure the quality monitoring and continuous improvement activity is in line with BPP's General Academic Regulations and policies.
- Lead the analysis/quality indicators for programme quality/student performance and monitor and act upon them where necessary.
- Attend School of Nursing Education & Standards Board.
- Attend Examination Boards.
- Attend University wide committees and groups as delegated.
- Oversee a review of Banner and student progress tracking.
- Support staff with queries, student issues, course management issues.
- Lead cross site standardisation of programme development and delivery.
- Not applicable to this role at this time.
please refer to the job description for full details
Department School of Nursing
Vacancy location UK, London, London Waterloo
- Current NMC Registration
- First Degree
- Post Graduate Degree
- Senior Fellow / Fellow HEA
- PhD or in progress
- Experience in the completion of Module / Programme Reports
- Experience of Curriculum Implementation
- Teaching qualification
- Marking of work and preparation of results for Exam Boards
- Facilitate student evaluation where appropriate
- Facilitate student support
- Expertise in lecturing and designing modules and programmes
- An ability to prioritise your own work and the work of others
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others
- Experience of writing research bids
- Experience of writing and presenting Tenders & Business Plans
- Facilitate student feedback to aid learning
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- High personal standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong skills in organisation, coordination, planning, prioritisation, people management and influencing.
- A track record in research and translating research into teaching and education.
- Facilitating Peers reviews
- Evidence of CPD
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Professor Lynne Gell (Dean) at email@example.com
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Associate Dean (DoP) - Job Description September 2020.pdf (146 Kb)