The successful candidate will work with the principal investigator (PI) Associate Professor Koh Hwee Ling at the NUS Medicinal Plant Research Group of the Department of Pharmacy, on drug discovery under a project on. The trainee will work closely with the PI and other laboratory members, under supervision, in conducting research, supporting laboratory management, purchasing and other laboratory and research matter as required. Recent graduates who are passionate about research, have a desire to impact human life, are considering graduate studies or are seeking research opportunities are most welcome to apply and join our scientifically stimulating and nurturing group. Interested applicants can email to Associate Professor Koh (email@example.com) directly. Short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants must be committed to a traineeship position for 9 months.
Main responsibilities of the position include: -
- Assist in research (e.g. surveys, extraction, bioassays, chemical analysis, maintaining a medicinal plant garden).
- Laboratory management, housekeeping and purchasing.
- Data analysis, presentation and report writing.
- Other relevant laboratory and research matter.
- Relevant degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Life Science etc. Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Experience:
- Relevant laboratory research experience is preferred, although not compulsory.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy